Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Oops. 2 years ago, we had a baby! RECAP.

I am a blog failure.  However, when I look back on these posts I am filled with JOY.  What a great way to remember these moments.  I barely remember Brooks at two until I read this, and then the memories come flooding in!  So, here is what I can remember of the last two years.

  • Sullivan was THE easiest baby.  He slept very well, although not always at night!  We did CIO around 6 months to get him past that 2am feeding.  He is STILL a rockstar napper, he consistently did two naps a day until maybe 18 mos and now loves his 2-3 hour afternoon nap.  
  • Brooks spent year 3 in timeout.  Lol.  3 was a little difficult for him (never had the terrible twos) and he went through a temper-tantrum phase!  Thank God I had Sarah to ask what had possessed my sweet child.  She calmly reassured me that whatever the behavior, it was normal.  And, that whatever the behavior, Ellison had already done it, but worse.  Our Ellison, heart of gold but never a dull moment.
  • Sullivan walked just a few days before his first birthday.  Everyone thought he would walk early because he is so... energetic (Willie hates when I call him my crack baby).  But, he was right on target.  He started walking, then running, then climbing and now climbs most of every day!  My mother tells me I was the same way, Karma I guess.  He is unbelievably active and keeps me constantly on my toes.  He is also a HEARTBREAKER like is brother.  Beautiful, big, round eyes that look RIGHT into you when he wants something.  He is currently talking in FULL sentences (at the age of 2 years and 1 week) and a few examples of his speech tonight are:
    • "Mommy, whats that in your eyes? (I think he was looking at my contacts!)
    • "Mommy, I want out of here"  (done with the highchair)
    • "Brooksie hit me,"  "Brooksie did it," "Brooksie, I hat it firsth." and "Brooksie, I luf you."
    • "I wake up" 
    • "I ready to go to thchool"
    • "Mommy, I hungry"
  • The thing with Sullivan, is he is busy, but also so cuddly.  He loves to rock and sing Barges.  He loves to sit in my lap.  He loves to have his blankie and paci and watch Curious George.  He says "I lub you" and it just about breaks your heart.  He is precious.
  • Brooks has started his summer of "activities"- and he LOVES them all.  I have been only working part time the last 6 months so have been taking advantage of "trying" out all the sports.  We have tried swimming lessons, basketball, gymnastics and zoo camp.  He has loved them all.  I love asking him how his day went and trying to read into the responses.  I hope every day that he makes friends and is a kind child.  Thankfully most of his activities are with his amazing cousin Ellison who basically doubles as his bodyguard.  
  • Sullivan started 3 days of MDO this week since I will start working full-time again soon.  He LOVES Mrs Bobbie, Mrs Laynie and Ms Lauren, just as Brooks did.  He blows me away with what he knows.  Sullivan lost part of a tooth at MDO earlier this year.  Just a simple slip and smash of the face on tile.  But between the paci and the missing half a front tooth, he has a very pronounced lisp.  I, of course, take full advantage of this and ask him to say words that start with S as often as possible.
  • The boys both LOVE rough housing with their dadda.  They request a "wrestle fight" match most evenings and a towel swing after most baths.  It fills my heart so to see the three of them together.  I don't know how other dads play, but these boys are so lucky to have Willie to play with them like he does.
  • Most nights, I put them to bed.  They are the sweetest to rock and cuddle and read stories.  I try to contain the joy I feel at night and quietly be thankful for that time.  It is very easy for me, and most people, to want to rush through bed time to get back to what they are doing.  So, as much as possible we go in early, shut the door, and just play and read.  I love their little personalities and how fun they are starting to play together.  I love the love between them.  I love how much they love me.  I love being a boy mom.  I love that they want me to rock them and sing to them.  
So, in summary, the past two years have been a blessing.  I thank GOD that these boys are mine!  I'll be better at this blog; I don't want to miss a thing.  

No comments:

Post a Comment